Areas of Speciality and Skills Include:
- Piano Tuning- adjusting the tension of over 200 strings (each pulling over 200 lbs) to correct pitch (A-440)
- Action Regulation - adjusting the touch of the keys so they are even and respond to your liking (e.g., Heavy or Light)
- Voicing or Tone Regulation - eliminating harsh or dull sounding notes so all blend perfectly. This allows the artist to express their innermost feelings through the keys and pedals when playing the piano.
- Action or Piano Repair - may be a simple as replacing a string, damper or hammer to a major rebuilding or reconditioning of piano.
- Piano Instruction - Students of all ages and levels - from the very beginner to senior citizen. I also teach a variety of genre of music including Classical, Pop, Latin, Blues and Country, just to name a few. With more than 30 years of experience in music lessons, James Gulino provides award-winning instruction to his students. James is motivated by his love of music and the passion to transfer his knowledge and skills to others so their creativity and talent can shine.